Power Smart Water & Energy Saver Program
Water & Energy Saver Kit: Every Drop Counts
Learn how a free Water & Energy Saver Kit can save water, save energy, and save the environment.
Up to 12% of your energy bill can be from heating your water. Install high-efficiency Power Smart low-flow plumbing devices in your home to reduce both water and energy consumption. Through our Power Smart Water and Energy Saver Program, we offer free Water and Energy Saver Kits that will help you save water and energy, while reducing your carbon footprint.
- Use less water: the average shower uses about 9.1 litres per minute. By installing a Water & Energy Saver Kit, you’ll cut that by nearly half – about 5.7 litres per minute. Read more ways to save water in your home.
- Spend 8 minutes every day saving money: the average Manitoban spends about 8 minutes in the shower. Installing an energy efficient showerhead can help you save 20% of that water every time you use it.
- Save $60 per year: by using less hot water, you’ll save up to $30 on your energy bill and up to $30 on your water bill.
- Set a good example for your kids: installing a WESP kit is a quick, easy way to reduce your impact on the environment – plus, you save water, energy, and money. Learn more ways to save water and energy around the home.
- Join your neighbours: over 30% of Manitobans have already installed a WESP kit. As a result, Manitoba saves 1 billion litres of water every year.
Apply for a Water & Energy Saver Kit
Official ID badge and uniform of Ecofitt Install Techs.
If you want to install it yourself, we’ll send one in the mail (only one kit installed per household). if you’d like it installed, you may qualify for an Ecofitt technician to come to your home and do it for you. To book an installation appointment, call 1-877-326-3488.
Each kit contains:
- 1 to 2 low-flow 5.7 litres per minute showerheads (choice of handheld massage or wall mount massage);
- 2 low-flow bathroom faucet aerators;
- 1 low-flow kitchen faucet aerator;
- 3 metres of water heater pipe wrap insulation;
- plumber’s tape;
- refrigerator/freezer thermometer.
We have Ecofitt technicians going door-to-door in various communities and neighbourhoods throughout Manitoba to offer on-the-spot installation of free water and energy saving devices. Ecofitt technicians carry Manitoba Hydro-issued identification badges. Call Ecofitt at 1-877-326-3488 to schedule an appointment.
How to install showerheads and aerators
Find out how to install the low-flow showerheads and aerators you can get in our free Water & Energy Saver Kit.
To qualify for a Power Smart Water and Energy Saver Kit:
If you’ve participated in the Affordable Energy Program you’ve already been given water and energy saving devices that have the same benefits as those included in the Water and Energy Saver Kits.
If you are a property manager and/or landlord, you may be eligible for the Water & Energy Saver Program for multi-unit residential buildings.
If you have questions regarding the components of the Water and Energy Saver Kit, or would like more information on how to install any of the kit’s components, contact our service provider Ecofitt.