To be eligible, projects must meet each of the following criteria:
- You must have an annual consumption greater than 100,000 m3 per year and projects must have a minimum energy savings of 10,000 m3 per year.
- The program applies to both new construction and renovation projects undertaken by industrial and large commercial customers.
- Projects must use proven measures with a minimum expected equipment operating life of 5 years, with the exception of cases in which the demonstration of a new technology/process has been approved.
- Products and equipment that are installed must be new and CSA approved or certified by an accredited independent organization to conform to CSA standards.
- Products, equipment and their applications and installations must meet or exceed energy efficient regulatory requirements in Manitoba.
- Projects that achieve energy savings by switching to other energy sources will not qualify under this program.
- Standby or backup natural gas equipment will not qualify under this program.