Industrial energy management
Our energy systems group is available to perform a customer site walk-through and historical analysis of industrial sites throughout Manitoba. The objective is to identify low cost energy management measures and help you make an energy management plan for industrial facilities.
A customized energy management program includes:
- A site walk-through with both plant and energy systems staff, to identify processes and equipment for potential energy reductions.
- Energy systems staff will perform a historical analysis to determine electrical use patterns and performance of major electrical equipment.
- Tentative projects will be identified including budget pricing for a basic energy management system for both electrical and natural gas monitoring.
- Where cost effective, detailed studies may be required and may be subsidized through our Power Smart incentives.
- Capital costs may also be reduced through application to the Performance Optimization Program.
This service has proved effective and energy management systems have been installed at the majority of the largest industrial users in Manitoba. Typical Power Smart incentives have assisted through supplying from 10 to 40 per cent of required funds.