We offer scalable broadband capacity required for high-speed internet access, data networking, e-business applications and videoconferencing, as well as other advanced communications and multimedia services accessible to customers in remote locations where access is limited.
Manitoba Hydro Telecom (MHT) owns and operates a communication network installed to protect and control the electric power system in Manitoba. This extensive network, which includes hundreds of kilometres of fibre optics cable, is equipped with next generation Ethernet technology.
Today Manitoba-based organizations need affordable bandwidth to improve their connectedness and effectiveness. The opportunity for MHT services is to leverage our all-optical network to provide communications service on a utility wide basis; making broadband bandwidth available to our customers all the time, as much as needed, reliably, and at affordable prices.
Our services include:
- Ethernet services starting at 1 Mbps in 1 Mbps increments;
- Time-division multiplexing (TDM) services at either T1 or T3 speeds;
- SONET OC3, OC12, and OC48;
- Private line services;
- Leased dark fibre;
- Tower co-location and leased access to co-location facilities;
- Local access to internet gateways and local extensions to other telecommunication service providers.