Permits, applications, and inspections
Whether building a new home or business, or making changes to your existing service, we can help you get the required applications, permits, and inspections:
To connect new electrical or natural gas service, or make changes to the existing service to a home, complete a service application and arrange for all electrical wiring permits and inspections.
To connect new electrical or natural gas service, or make changes to the existing service to a commercial property, complete a service application and arrange for all electrical wiring permits and inspections.
- Electrical codes and standards
Find resources to help you install electrical wiring safely and in accordance to electrical codes.
- Electrical contractor permits & programs
Take advantage of a permit account, ePermit, and the Registered Electrical Contractor Program.
- Call or click before you dig
Call or click before you dig and we will locate and mark your property for electrical and/or natural gas lines. The service is free.
- Oil field services
To request electrical extensions or upgrades to any premises or facilities used primarily for oil production processing and in-field pumping, there are applications and permits you must submit.
- Move an oversized building, equipment or structure
Tell us when you are moving a building, commercial equipment or structure so we can move power lines or electrical facilities in your way.
- Develop your shore lands
If you own or lease property next to shore lands along the Winnipeg River system, you must obtain approval before building or development.
All natural gas equipment and appliances must be installed by a licensed gas fitter (usually a plumbing and heating dealer). A Manitoba Hydro natural gas inspector will then check the installation to ensure that it has been installed according to all federal and provincial gas code requirements.
No charge labour service for problems with natural gas equipment
A no charge labour service is available to all residential and small commercial natural gas customers for problems with primary space and water heating appliances, and gas ranges.
- Repairs related to gas supply and combustion are completed at no charge, except for replacement parts and these costs are applied to your monthly gas bill.
- For other problems such as fan motors, fan belts or heat exchangers, which are not related to the gas supply and combustion, contact a licensed plumbing and heating dealer of your choice to complete the repairs.
When experiencing natural gas equipment problems contact: