Customer Contribution Time Payment Plan
The Customer Contribution Time Payment Plan is convenient on-bill financing for service extension work performed by Manitoba Hydro to customers of all rate classes.
Financing is available to Manitoba Hydro customers with approved credit for projects related to individual service extensions, plant relocations, or conversions from overhead to underground wiring facilities.
- The minimum monthly payment is $15.
- The minimum that can be financed is $500.
- Monthly instalments will be applied to your energy bill. Repayment of the loan is the responsibility of the property owner and not the tenant.
- Additional payments may be made at any time with no penalty.
- A $20 administration fee will apply for complete payments prior to 6 months.
- The loan becomes due and payable when the property is sold or transfers ownership. The loan is not transferable.
Steps to participate
Contact your local district office
To participate in the Customer Contribution Time Payment Plan, contact your local district office to see if your plans qualify.
- One of our Energy Service Advisors will work with you directly to ensure your project is eligible. They will help you complete a loan application and submit the loan application to us on your behalf.
- We will review the application and conduct a customer credit review.
- Once approved, we will notify your ESA and your project may begin.
Pay the loan through your monthly energy bill
After your project is approved and scheduled to move ahead, the monthly loan payment is conveniently placed on your energy bill.
You can make additional payments to your loan at any time. An administration fee of $20 is charged if your loan is paid in full during the first 6 months.
Financing is available with the following conditions.
- Manitoba Hydro must approve your application before any work is started.
- You must have an active Manitoba Hydro account to be approved for credit from Manitoba Hydro.
- The applicant is either the property owner or the holder of a lease with a minimum of 10 unexpired years for property in a provincial or national park.
- The service extension or plant relocation is permanent.