Equal Payment Plan
Our Equal Payment Plan (EPP) makes budgeting easier by allowing you to pay your electricity and/or natural gas bills in equal monthly payments.
How it works
- We estimate your annual energy costs based on the past energy use at your property and divide those costs into equal monthly payments.
- The EPP year begins in September and balances out in August. You can return to regular monthly billing at any time.
- Your actual energy use will be reviewed in April, and your monthly payments may be revised to help you avoid a large balance due in August. Any credits for overpayment will be applied to your first bill of the next EPP year (September).
How to apply
If your payments are up-to-date, you can apply at any time. If you sign up between September and March, your monthly EPP payments will start on your next bill. If you enrol between April and August, your monthly EPP payments will start in September (for the next full EPP year).
- Sign in to your online account.
- Review your estimated EPP amount.
- Select ‘Apply’ next to the service that you would like to enroll.
How to manage your EPP
- View the EPP section of your bill to keep track of your EPP installments and differences.
- Submit meter readings every other month to have the most accurate energy use on your account. You can sign up for meter reading reminders by changing your notification preferences in your online account.
- Use the Compare feature in your online account to see your energy use against last year.
Factors that may affect your payment
We do our best to estimate your annual energy costs, but there are some uncontrollable factors that can affect our estimates, such as extreme weather and natural gas rate changes. Learn more about the factors affecting your payment.