Natural gas marketers
Natural gas marketers, or brokers, are independent companies that:
- can only supply the Gas Commodity to a customer;
- arrange alternate rates and terms of service for Gas Commodity supply;
- may offer different Gas Commodity rate options or pricing than we do;
- do not deliver the natural gas;
- do not provide utility services;
- do not have their rates and options regulated by the Public Utilities Board of Manitoba.
The Public Utilities Board keeps a complete list of natural gas marketers that are authorized to operate in Manitoba.
If you sign an agreement with a natural gas marketer for your Gas Commodity supply, we will continue to provide all other components of your natural gas supply and service. You will still receive your bill from us.
What changes can you expect to see on your bill?
- The Gas Commodity rate you agreed to with your natural gas marketer.
- The name of your natural gas marketer in the Gas Commodity line.
- The name and telephone number of your natural gas marketer for questions about your Gas Commodity supply, rate, and agreement.
What stays the same on your bill?
- Other components of your bill, supplied and billed as usual.
- Total monthly bill continues to be the sum of all the bill components.