Report an emergency
Life-threatening situation or fire, call 911 or your local emergency services.
- Caution: risk of electrocution around downed power lines. Keep everyone at least 10 metres (length of a school bus) away.
- What to do if you smell natural gas (mercaptan).
Last updated —.
Power outage notifications
We can provide automated outage notifications for your home or business. Notifications can be delivered by automated voice phone call, text message, email.
Outage notifications provide immediate information when:
- a planned outage is scheduled for your area;
- your power is out (planned or unplanned outage);
- the estimated restoration time for your power outage is updated;
- your power has been restored.
You can subscribe to receive outage notifications, with your online account.
Estimated time of restoration (ETRs)
We do our best to let you know as soon as we can when your power will be back on, but every outage is different. Often, we have the power back on earlier than we expected, but if damage is severe, such as fallen trees or damaged poles, it can take longer. Learn more about how we restore power.
Planned outage notifications
A planned outage is any time we turn off the electricity to do maintenance or install new equipment while keeping our crews safe. We do everything we can to provide reliable power and minimize disruptions to your electrical service. Read more about system renewal.
Most planned outages are scheduled well in advance but some outages may have only 1 to 2 hours’ notice to avoid a longer, unplanned outage. Planned outages can be scheduled anytime –day or night.
Stay up to date about planned outages in your area through the notification settings in your online account. You will receive notifications of any planned outages in your area if they are scheduled more than 24 hours in advance.
If you did not receive a planned outage notification:
- Register for an online account.
- Check your Manitoba Hydro online account notification settings are correct.
- The planned outage was scheduled with less than 24 hours’ notice. The outage information, including ETR, will be noted on the outage map.