Report an outage
The more outage reports we get, the faster we can respond and restore power. We can send out crews and pinpoint the cause based on reports in an area.
View our outage map
The outages map is updated every 5 minutes, please refresh your screen to see the most recent update.
Learn more about outages
Get outage notifications for your home or business by text message, email, or automated voice call with your your online account.
Outage notifications give you immediate information when:
- a planned outage is scheduled for your area;
- your power is out (planned or unplanned outage);
- the estimated restoration time for your power outage is updated;
- your power has been restored.
We do our best to let you know as soon as we can when your power will be back on, but every outage is different. Often, we have the power back on earlier than we expected, but if damage is severe, such as fallen trees or damaged poles, it can take longer. Learn more about how we restore power.
A planned outage is any time we turn off the electricity to do maintenance or install new equipment while keeping our crews safe. We do everything we can to provide reliable power and minimize disruptions to your electrical service.
Most planned outages are scheduled well in advance but some outages may have only 1 to 2 hours’ notice to avoid a longer, unplanned outage. Planned outages can be scheduled anytime –day or night.
Stay up to date about planned outages in your area through the notification settings in your online account. You will receive notifications of any planned outages in your area if they are scheduled more than 24 hours in advance.
If you did not receive a planned outage notification:
- Register for an online account.
- Check your Manitoba Hydro online account notification settings are correct.
- The planned outage was scheduled with less than 24 hours’ notice. The outage information, including estimated time of restoration, will be noted on the outage map.
In the dark? See when your power will be back on
With your online account, you can quickly report a power or streetlight outage, view estimated restoration times, and receive outage notifications at any time on our website or by downloading our app.