Last updated August 11, 2021.
This website domain is owned and operated by Manitoba Hydro.
These terms form the entire agreement between you and Manitoba Hydro with respect to your use of this website and its content. Read them carefully.
Our failure or delay to enforce these terms or their requirements does not mean we waive our rights or prejudice our right to act at a later time.
You have sole responsibility to keep your account information private, secure, and accurate.
- keep any personal identifiers, passwords, or access codes used on this website private and secure;
- keep any Manitoba Hydro email or any service requests private and secure;
- notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your personal identifier or password;
- the protection and recovery of any computer used to access this website;
- ensure any content submitted does not contain any viruses, malware, or other software that may adversely affect any computer.
You consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information in keeping with these terms and conditions by accessing this website, its information and services (“content”).
Manitoba Hydro uses your personal information in compliance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA) and only for purposes for which it was collected or authorized by you. Your privacy is very important to Manitoba Hydro, which adheres to the provisions of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA) and the Personal Health Information Act (PHIA).
FIPPA regulates how Manitoba Hydro manages your personal information and provides you with the right for an independent review process if you disagree with our access and privacy decisions.
Personal information is defined as any kind of recorded information that may identify an individual. It may include:
- your name;
- home address, telephone number, fax number, or email;
- banking information;
- license, certification, or qualification information.
Manitoba Hydro collects and uses your personal information to:
- contact you;
- send event invitations or project updates;
- disclose information to regulators and government entities such as the Manitoba Public Utilities Board;
- send to external credit bureaus for credit checks, or external collection agencies to recover delinquent accounts;
- send to external auditors for sample audits;
- update or access account administration;
- carry out activities for legal or regulatory compliance and purposes;
- support marketing purposes;
- inform Manitoba Hydro officials on a “need to know” basis.
You do not need to provide any information that identifies your personal information in order to use this website.
You voluntarily choose to provide personal information as needed to access certain content such as an online account, or personal and commercial programs. If you choose not to register, some of the options will not be available to you.
Certain areas of this website enable you to access online forums and/or to provide information to Manitoba Hydro. You agree that by submitting any information, you:
- will only submit content in compliance with applicable laws and regulations;
- will not submit content that contains any viruses or other software that may adversely affect any computer;
- understand and agree that we will have the right to freely use, copy, and disseminate, such information.
In addition, Manitoba Hydro reserves the right to remove any information you submit, that is considered by Manitoba Hydro to be inappropriate, unlawful, or in violation of these terms and conditions.
The Internet is not a totally secure medium of communication and is subject to possible interception or loss of data and communications. Manitoba Hydro is not responsible for any damages suffered with the interception or loss of such data or communications.
The Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol encrypts information sent between your computer or devices, and our website. Your information is decrypted only when it reaches Manitoba Hydro’s servers.
Email submitted to or sent from Manitoba Hydro is not encrypted, and you send and receive email at your own risk.
Cookies and third-party links
These cookies gather information about your browsing habits (for example, type of operating system, length of visit, pages visited) and help Manitoba Hydro to improve our website service and content.
Third-party companies may also receive information from your browsing habits. These companies include Elastic, Esri, Google, Microsoft, Qualtrics, Simple Survey, Smart Energy Water, and Upaknee.
Manitoba Hydro is not responsible for the content of websites we link to and are not liable for any damages or injury.
Information provided on the Manitoba Hydro website is made on an as-is and as-available basis. Manitoba Hydro does not guarantee the accuracy, reliability, or timeliness of our content. Manitoba Hydro does not guarantee the compatibility with, or safety for, any user system, or suitability for any particular purpose.
Use of this website, and all its content, is at your sole risk. Manitoba Hydro cannot guarantee that the content provided in this website will be uninterrupted or error-free. You are responsible for taking all necessary precautions to ensure that any content accessed or obtained from the website is free of viruses.
In no event will Manitoba Hydro, or any of its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, and agents, be liable to any party for any direct, indirect, special, or other consequential damages for any use of this website, or on any other hyper-linked website, including, without limitation, any loss of programs or other data on your computer or otherwise, even if we are expressly advised of the possibility of such damages.
This website is the exclusive property of Manitoba Hydro and is protected by Canadian and foreign intellectual property laws and agreements.
All contents of this website, including but not limited to all text, images, markup and code, and videos, are owned and protected intellectual property of Manitoba Hydro or other third parties.
You’ll indemnify Manitoba Hydro, its affiliates, directors, officers, employees, and agents, from and against any legal proceedings relating to your violation of these terms or your use of the website or its content.
If any provision in these terms is illegal, invalid, or unenforceable at law, it will be removed from this agreement and the remaining terms will continue to be in effect. The applicable laws of the Province of Manitoba and the laws of Canada govern this agreement, aside from any conflict of laws, provisions, or your legal residence or physical location. You agree to consent and submit to the exclusive authority of the Province of Manitoba courts in any legal action introduced by this agreement.