Submit a meter reading
Your bill will be more accurate if your natural gas and electricity meters are read regularly. You should send or call in a meter reading if:
- there is no access to your meter when a meter reader comes to read it;
- you apply for the Equal Payment Plan (a meter reading is required with your application);
- you are a self-read customer*;
- your next reading is scheduled to be estimated and you prefer to be billed on an accurate reading*.
Our response to COVID-19
We have closed our offices to the public, including the cash counter at 360 Portage Avenue in Winnipeg, and suspended all non-essential services in occupied homes. This includes, but is not limited to:
- meter exchanges;
- residential electrical inspections;
- residential natural gas appliance inspections;
- public building leak surveys;
- meter readings where the meter is located inside an occupied home.
Remember to submit final and initial meter readings if you move.
* Check your bill’s messages for the dates when you should submit your meter reading.
If you want to keep a paper record of your meter readings, print the meter reading record (PDF, 30 KB).