More in this section

Articles

Space heaters – only for temporary use

A space heater can be a quick and easy way to warm up a room. But it can also pose a fire risk if not used correctly. Space heaters are also not intended as a permanent heat source, but only used as a temporary heat source in a home or garage.

Scam reports jump in 2019

More Hydro customers are getting bogus e-mails and texts attempting to scam them out of their money. We do not ask for prepaid debit cards, payments over the phone, or ask customers to wire money.

More outages expected – be prepared

Trees are many things: living time capsules, air filters, decorations, places to play, and a distinctive and beautiful part of our province. They’re also a very common cause of power outages in Manitoba.

Safety tips for the 12 Days of Christmas

Nothing says Christmas like a colourful light display. But with all the glittering outdoor lights, inflatable yard decorations, and lights on your Christmas tree, there’s an increased risk of electrical hazards.

A message from our president: Thank you

I want to thank all of you – our customers – for the patience, support and understanding you showed Manitoba Hydro, and particularly our front-line crews, as we dealt with the effects of the devastating early winter storm that hit us over the Thanksgiving weekend.

Flu or flue?

With the heating season upon us, the risk of carbon monoxide exposure increases. Carbon monoxide (CO) exposure is caused by faulty or improperly vented heating equipment. Anything that burns propane, heating oil, kerosene, coal and wood can cause dangerous levels of CO in your home and workplace if not properly vented.