We provide a work environment that allows our employees to have a balanced approach to family, work, and community. One of our most valued benefits is our 9-day work cycle which normally provides every other Monday off.
- 90% of basic dental care;
- 75% of major dental care services;
- 50% of orthodontic services for children under 19 years of age (up to a lifetime maximum of $2000).
- prescription drug:
- 80% annual reimbursement of prescription expenses.
- vision care:
- maximum reimbursement for vision care expenses of $400 every 24 months.
- health spending account:
- an additional annual credit of $550 that is used for eligible health or dental care expenses.
- massage therapy/chiropractic:
- coverage of each expense at 80% reimbursement to a maximum amount of $350 per year per person.
- travel health coverage;
- other health benefits including ambulance and physiotherapy.
- defined-benefit pension plan;
- sick leave to cover short-term disability;
- long-term disability;
- group life insurance coverage.
- 9-day work cycle (normally every other Monday off);
- 3 weeks of accrued paid vacation after the first year, working toward a maximum of 7 weeks paid vacation;
- maternity leave top up to 93% of salary for 17 weeks, parental and adoptive parent leaves;
- bereavement and family responsibility leaves;
- flex-time and telecommuting arrangements, depending on nature of work and work location;
- self-funded leave plan;
- employee relocation program;
- fitness subsidy program:
- numerous discount packages for athletic and cultural events.
- northern allowance;
- subsidized accommodations;
- northern vacation;
- medical travel provisions;
- patient travel allowance;
- northern education supplement.
We provide eligible employees with support for their professional development through:
- tuition reimbursement;
- educational leave;
- professional development support;
- mentorship program;
- extensive internal training courses and certifications;
- external training support.
Safety and health
- safety, health, and workplace policies and programs;
- technical expertise and assistance to support employee activities in safety and health;
- discrimination- and harassment-free workplace policies;
- health education programs;
- personal and confidential health counselling;
- Employee Assistance Program.
- commitment to diversity and inclusion;
- Community Giving Program that encourages employees to give back to the communities they serve and support the causes they care about;
- Manitoba Hydro Employee Fund enables employees to help co-workers and retirees in need;
- social committee that organizes numerous fun events every year;
- award-winning head office located at 360 Portage Avenue in Winnipeg designed with employee comfort in mind.