Power electrician pre-placement program for women
Hourly rate: $18.15
This 6-month Power Electrician pre-placement program provides women with trades-related experience. It is an opportunity to develop the skills required to successfully compete for a position in the Power Electrician Training Program. Educational upgrading will also be provided for candidates who do not meet the minimum academic requirements.
Potential candidates must:
- be a high school graduate with 1 of the following subjects: Mathematics 40S (Applied or Pre-Calculus); Physics 40S; or English 40.
- possess a valid Province of Manitoba Class 5 Driver’s Licence; (intermediate or full)
- be physically capable of performing all the duties of the position (able to lift 50 lbs);
- be capable of communicating effectively orally and in writing;
- have good hearing and accurate colour perception;
- be capable of working in a variety of environments, within confined spaces and at heights requiring bucket truck or ladder work;
- have basic computer skills;
- be willing to acquire an approved set of personal hand tools;
- have a mechanical aptitude to satisfy all requirements of the position;
- be willing to attain the educational requirements;
- be willing to relocate to various locations within Manitoba.
We advertise in winter for a spring start date.
Applications must include the following information:
- current resumé and cover letter;
- high school transcript, and any post secondary school transcripts or training certificates;
As part of the selection process, candidates will be required to write standardized aptitude tests that assess how well a candidate’s abilities match the requirements of the job. Candidates will also participate in a 1-day pre-employment skills assessment and trade orientation session which includes a panel interview, and provides candidates with the opportunity to demonstrate job-related skills such as following instructions, handling tools, measuring and cutting and following blueprints. To help you prepare see the Skills Assessment and Trades Orientation Physical Training Guide (PDF, 1.7 MB). Candidates selected for this session will be required to provide a current driver’s abstract.
There is no guarantee of ongoing employment at the completion of the pre-placement program.
If you are interested in this program, set up a job alert from your profile by selecting “Trades” as your area of interest and enter a few key words describing this program.