If you get online account emails, those texts will have a “masked” account number in it that will look like: account number xxxxxxx 1234567.
Email scams involve a fake energy statement being emailed to you that shows you have an outstanding bill. These emails are not from us. Your accounts and privacy have not been compromised in any way.
- Verify the identity of the sender by clicking on the sender’s name in the email.
- Do not click on any links provided in the email. If you have a paperless-billing, online account with us, review your account by logging into your online account.
- Do not reply to the email.
- Never give any personal or payment information via email.
- If you’re unsure whether the email is real or a scam, contact us.
What to do if you are contacted
If you ever feel threatened or concerned for your safety in any way, contact your local police. Your safety should always be your priority.
Never give your personal information to someone whose identity you cannot be sure of.
If you have questions about a pending service disconnection, call our Credit & Recovery services at 204-480-5901.
If you have been contacted by a suspected scammer, report it online.