How to read your bill
Your Hydro bill is split into sections. Here is what you will see.
- Your cycle number, which is an internal code used to determine your meter reading and billing period.
- Your previous balance and payments received.
- Charges for the new billing period.
- The date payment is due.
- Breakdown of your electricity charges.
- Breakdown of your natural gas charges.
- New federal carbon charge, effective April 1, 2019.
Learn more about the federal carbon charge.
- Equal Payment Plan (EPP), which shows the EPP installments billed, actual charges based on usage, and the difference between the two. The difference is balanced in the month displayed as the end of the EPP year.
Learn more about the equal payment plan.
- Consumption history, which shows a usage comparison between the current and previous year based on meter readings.