We want to hear from you
Share your thoughts on the decisions that will shape tomorrow’s Manitoba Hydro.
This fall we are inviting our customers to participate in a survey and share their perspectives on electricity and natural gas. The results of this survey, to be shared here, will help shape our next steps as we prepare to develop an Integrated Resource Plan.
Planning for a powerful future
An Integrated Resource Plan is a roadmap for making sure our electricity and natural gas supply and delivery systems meet the needs of our customers for the next 20 years and beyond. It’s planning that will allow us to remain flexible and adapt so we can continue providing reliable, affordable electricity and natural gas even as more of our customers, for example, begin driving electric vehicles or generating their own solar power.
Making our plan
We are preparing for development of an Integrated Resource Plan. That process will see our specialists work with customers and interested parties to understand their evolving electricity and natural gas needs. The resulting Integrated Resource Plan will then guide our actions and investments well into the future.
A typical integrated resource planning process
- A survey open to all customers gathers input on how electricity and natural gas needs are changing.
- Further conversations with customers and interested parties to verify the drivers of change and help develop possible scenarios.
- Potential energy futures are studied and options to meet the needs of customers are analyzed.
- A draft plan is developed. Customers and interested parties are given an opportunity to review results and provide feedback on the draft plan and the engagement process.
- The Integrated Resource Plan is finalized and shared.
Your voice matters
We want to understand your future energy needs. If you are interested in participating in the Integrated Resource Plan process, complete our survey to sign-up for updates.