Sharing preliminary outcomes
We are currently hosting multiple sessions with interested parties to review preliminary outcomes of the Integrated Resource Planning process, including the key learnings and near-term actions, that will be part our road map for continuing to meet our customers’ future energy needs. The preliminary outcomes incorporate feedback heard through sessions held in December 2022.
In those sessions we shared initial results from modelling and analysis with interested parties and asked for input on additional sensitivities or analysis to undertake to better understand the energy future in Manitoba. Thanks to everyone who participated and shared their perspectives.
Your Voice Matters
Sign up for updates on our Integrated Resource Planning process, including future opportunities to participate:
Planning for a powerful future
An Integrated Resource Plan is a road map for making sure our electricity and natural gas supply and delivery systems meet the needs of our customers for the next 20 years and beyond. It’s planning that will allow us to remain flexible and adapt so we can continue providing reliable, affordable electricity and natural gas even as more of our customers, for example, begin driving electric vehicles or generating their own solar power.
Making our plan
The process of developing an Integrated Resource Plan will see our specialists work with customers and interested parties to understand their evolving electricity and natural gas needs. The resulting Integrated Resource Plan will then guide our actions and investments well into the future.
Conversations in the
integrated resource planning process
- Completed Fall 2021: A survey open to all customers gathers input on how electricity and natural gas needs are changing.
Read a summary of what we heard in round 1.
- Completed Spring 2022: Conversations with customers and interested parties verifies key inputs with potential to impact future energy needs and helps develop possible future scenarios.
Learn more about our key planning inputs and scenarios.
Read a summary of what we heard in round 2.
- Completed Winter 2022: Initial modelling results using key inputs and scenarios are shared. Next steps in preparation to develop the road maps and near-term actions are discussed.
Learn more about our modelling process.
Review our initial modelling results.
Read a summary of what we heard in round 3.
- Underway: Preliminary outcomes are shared. Customers and interested parties are given the opportunity to review and provide feedback.
Review our preliminary outcomes.
Completed modelling and analysis results (PDF, 3 MB);
Background refresher on Integrated Resource Plan process (PDF, 1 MB).
- Summer 2023: The Integrated Resource Plan is finalized and shared.