Registered Electrical Contractor Program renewal
Registered Electrical Contractor Program termination
Effective January 1, 2022, Manitoba Hydro will terminate the Registered Electrical Contractor Program (RECP) and institute a broad-based selective inspection program for all permit holders.
We are no longer collecting 2022 RECP registration or renewal fees. New RECP applications received after October 29, 2021, will not be processed.
RECP permits obtained before January 1, 2022:
- will continue to be subject to the RECP conditions;
- will be subject to the Electrical Permit Fee Schedule in effect at the time of issuance;
- will have Registered Contractor’s Declaration of Compliance forms accepted when submitted with RECP permits.
Electrical permits obtained after January 1, 2022:
- will be subject to the revised Electrical Permit Fee Schedule (PDF, 313 KB);
- will be subject to inspection at Manitoba Hydro’s discretion for all required consumer service, rough wiring, and final inspections.