Pre-servicing your development with electric and/or natural gas starts with an online service application. Before you apply for residential development pre-service, read the Guidelines for Residential Developers & Homebuilders (PDF, 1.1 MB).
Incomplete applications will delay your request.
Gather all required information and supporting documents before you start the online application.
You must include all of following:
- registered business name and contact information;
- development name, planning number, and location;
- number of lots to be pre-serviced (minimum 2 units);
- electric and/or natural gas requirements;
- underground or overhead electrical service;
- service size;
- proposed in-service date;
- map of the lots to be pre-serviced;
- site plan.
You must contact Bell MTS and the cable company directly to arrange for pre-servicing your development. If possible, we will coordinate with them to have all utilities installed in one trench.
After you apply
Once you have submitted a complete application, we will assign someone to your project. They will contact you for any missing information, discuss project scope, service dates, and arrange on-site meetings.
They may request your complete AutoCAD files (.DWG), which include a site plan, subdivision lot lines, roadways, building layout, parking layout, sewer and water details, and grading.
Estimate and agreements
We will provide an estimate and service agreements for your project. If your application was incomplete in any way, there will be a delay in providing your estimates, and electrical and/or natural gas agreements.
The planning and design of your pre-serviced development starts after we have:
- all the documents;
- signed agreements;
- payments for your project.
Planning and design
After we receive your signed agreements and payments, we will meet you on-site to review your project.
During this step, we will:
- discuss the project completion date;
- create a detailed design for your project;
- request easement agreements;
- order materials for construction.
You will sign off on any required drawings and agreements.
Easements and approvals
Before any construction can be scheduled:
- we will request any easement agreements;
- you will sign off on the easement agreements and any required drawings.
As easements are registered and approved by other entities, we are not responsible for any delays.
Site preparation and construction
After the design plan is complete and any easements have been registered, we will inspect your site for readiness and contact Click Before You Dig MB and other utilities before we begin construction.
The site must:
- have a final grade of ± 6″;
- have all trees cleared;
- have material, equipment, and debris removed from construction area.
Your pre-serviced development is ready for the builder/homeowner to request services to the dwelling. Each builder/homeowner will be required to submit a residential service application to obtain services.