Your service in a strike
The International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) is engaged in a labour action against Manitoba Hydro which currently includes a series of rotating strikes in various locations.
Manitoba Hydro remains committed to finding a solution that represents a fair deal for our employees, while recognizing the impacts of COVID-19 and our responsibility to keep rates low for our customers.
We appreciate your patience.
Current strike actions
No action to report – normal operations.
We want you to know that Manitoba Hydro has developed and implemented contingency plans to ensure that emergency and essential services, as well as public safety, are maintained. The safety of the public and our employees is always our top priority.
During the strike, electric service requests may be subject to delays or temporary suspension.
Natural gas services will remain unaffected.
Emergency and public safety work includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- no power calls;
- part power calls;
- police call or 911 calls;
- pole fires;
- broken pole;
- wire down/wire low – safety concern;
- emergency line locates;
- emergency safety watching;
- streetlight repairs – emergency only;
- essential calls (hospitals, institutions, schools or nursing homes) where there is a threat to public safety.
Suspended or potentially delayed work includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- streetlight – non-emergency;
- service extensions;
- tree on-line investigations;
- collections (disconnections or reconnections);
- indoor meter readings;
- meter exchanges;
- electrical inspections;
- structure moves.