Neighbours Helping Neighbours
Neighbours Helping Neighbours is a program that provides lower income individuals, families, and seniors who are unable to pay their energy bill due to personal hardship or crisis with:
- referrals to community support services, counselling and job training;
- one-time emergency funding to assist with energy bills.
Neighbours Helping Neighbours relies on private and corporate donations to fund its services.
You or someone you know may be eligible if you:
- are not receiving social assistance;
- are currently in 60 days arrears or greater;
- have a final or shut off/disconnection notice;
- have not previously received assistance from this program;
- are willing to meet with The Salvation Army to fill out an application and provide proof of income for all household members for the current year.
In order to receive assistance, you must make an appointment with The Salvation Army Neighbours Helping Neighbours program director:
- Winnipeg 204-949-2106
- Portage la Prairie 204-239-7213
- Brandon 204-727-6271
- Flin Flon 204-687-7812
- Thompson 204-677-3658
To make a tax-deductible donation and help people in crisis get the support they need to improve their situations: