Electrical codes and standards
These resources will help homeowners and electrical contractors to install electrical wiring safely and in accordance with electrical codes.
Electrical codes, standards, and guides
- Manitoba Electrical Code, 13th Edition (PDF, 595 KB).
- Residential Wiring Guide, 13th Edition (PDF, 378 KB);
- Customer Metering Standards, 3rd Edition (PDF, 780 KB);
- Inspection Notice – 14-606 Panelboard Overcurrent Protection (PDF, 68 KB);
- Inspection notice – 14-612 Transfer equipment for standby power systems (PDF, 227 KB);
- Inspection notice – 14-614 Current supply from more than one system (PDF, 192 KB);
- Inspection Notice – 26-250 Overcurrent protection for power and distribution transformer circuits over 750 V (PDF, 67 KB);
- Inspection Notice – 28-900 Disconnecting means required for generators (PDF, 77 KB);
- Industry Notice – 5 Jaw Meter and Meter Enclosures (PDF, 121 KB);
- Solar Photovoltaic Electrical Permit, Plan Review and Equipment Specification Requirements (PDF, 94 KB).
Permit application and fees
Electrical contractor form
Electrical contractor permits and programs
For general inquiries about electrical permits and inspections:
For inquiries about your commercial electrical permits and inspections: