Requesting a sentinel lighting addition, relocation, or salvage starts with an online application.
Sentinel (or dusk-to-dawn) LED fixtures provide lighting exclusively to your property.
Incomplete applications will delay the connection process.
Gather all required information and supporting documents before you start the online application.
You must include all of following:
- Manitoba Hydro account number;
- legal name of customer who owns the property, and who is responsible for making the payment;
- map of lighting location for your addition, relocation, or salvage.
After you apply
Once you have submitted a complete application, we will assign someone to your project. They will contact you for any missing information, discuss project scope, service dates, complete the necessary agreements, and arrange on-site meetings.
They may request your complete AutoCAD files (.DWG) indicating the scope of the project.
Estimate and agreements
We will provide an estimate and service agreement for your project. If your application was incomplete in any way, there will be a delay in providing your estimates and electrical agreements.
You will be charged a monthly rental fee for a minimum of 12 months for sentinel lighting after it is energized.
During this step, we will:
- discuss the project completion date;
- create a detailed design for your project;
- request easement agreements;
- order materials for construction.
You will sign off on any required drawings and agreements.
Planning and design
After we receive your signed agreements and payments, we will meet you on-site to review your project.
The planning and design of project starts after we have:
- all the documents;
- signed agreements;
- payment for your project (if required).
Once construction is complete, your lighting will be energized and the monthly charges will begin (minimum 12-month contract).