Many Manitobans are struggling financially because of the pandemic.
We work with The Salvation Army through Neighbours Helping Neighbours to provide one-time emergency funding to assist people dealing with financial hardship pay their energy bill.
You or someone you know may be eligible if you:
- are not receiving social assistance;
- are currently in 60 days arrears or greater;
- have not previously received assistance from this program; and
- are willing to meet with The Salvation Army to fill out an application and provide proof of income for all household members for the current year.
To receive assistance, you must make an appointment with The Salvation Army Neighbours Helping Neighbours program director:
- Winnipeg - 204-949-2106
- Portage la Prairie - 204-239-7213
- Brandon - 204-727-6271
- Flin Flon - 204-687-7812
- Thompson - 204-677-3658
Neighbours Helping Neighbours relies on private and corporate donations to fund its services. Learn more about Neighbours Helping Neighbours.
You can also make a one-time or monthly tax-deductible donation to help people in crisis get the support they need. Call 1-888-624-9376 or mail a cheque to:
The Salvation Army
324 Logan Ave.
Winnipeg MB R3A 0L5