Welcome to Manitoba Hydro
Congratulations. You’re about to join hundreds of thousands of people who rely on renewable energy and clean-burning natural gas provided by and for Manitobans. This page will help you navigate your first few months as a customer, but if you have questions, feel free to explore our FAQs or reach out.
Starting your service
If you’re setting up an account for the first time, here are a few things to keep in mind.
- Fill out the application form as close to your move-in date as possible.
- Don’t forget to submit your meter reading when you take possession of your property.
- Once we receive readings from you and the previous account holder, we’ll process your application within two weeks.
- Depending on our billing cycle, it may take up to eight weeks after you move in to receive your first bill.
- A security deposit, repaid to you with interest within two years, is required for new accounts.
Submitting your use
Your energy use is tracked by meters located on the inside or outside of your house, building or suite.
- Every month, you’re asked to submit a meter reading so we can calculate your energy use.
- How much energy you use each month can vary because of the efficiency of your home, changes in weather and your lifestyle.
- If you want to make property upgrades to reduce your use, we have loans and financing that can help.
Paying your bill
We offer a variety of convenient ways to pay your bill, including a budget-friendly equal payment plan. While we don’t accept credit card payment at this time, you can use one of the following options to pay.
- Payment locations:
Stop by select businesses, Canada post locations or your financial institution to use cash or debit.
Use online banking for a one-off payment or set up a pre-authorized payment plan to have your monthly payments automatically withdrawn from your account.
Managing your account
You can easily submit readings, report outages, access billing and more with an online account. Here are some of the reasons why you’d want to self-manage your service.
- Choose your notification type:
Opt-in for text, email or voice messages for outages, billing and reading reminders.
- Decide between your mailbox or inbox:
Even though you have an online account, you can still choose to get a monthly paper statement.
- Put the power in your hands:
You can download our app from the App Store or Google Play and access your account from anywhere on your mobile device.
- Explore your energy use:
Your billing history is stored electronically and searchable, so you can access your records when it works for you.