As our province grows in population and industry, our energy needs increase. We’re constantly working to enhance our electrical service capacity and expand our natural gas service areas.
Some of our current system expansion projects include:
- Birtle Transmission project;
- Harrow Station–Bishop Grandin Transmission project;
- Lake Winnipeg East System Improvement Transmission project;
- Poplar Bluff Transmission project;
- Riding Mountain National Park Transmission Line Widening;
- St. Vital Transmission Complex;
- Tyndall Transmission project.
Natural gas pipelines
Learn more about Transmission and its valuable role in delivering the reliable, affordable energy you count on.
What is transmission? How does it fit into our system?
Watch to learn where our electricity comes from and how it gets to the places we use it.
The value of electricity exports
Watch our video to learn more about transmission connections and the value of exports to our customers.
The value of reliability
Watch our video to learn more about transmission connections and the value they provide our customers by enhancing reliability.
Why does Manitoba need new transmission?
Watch to learn how the demand for electricity has increased and how we need to change our system to accommodate the growing need.
How do we develop transmission lines?
Watch to learn how we work with communities to minimize the effects of transmission lines on people and the environment.