Electrical contractor permits & programs
Electrical contractors operating outside Winnipeg city limits can take advantage of ePermits, and the Registered Electrical Contractor Program (RECP). Find resources to help you install electrical wiring in accordance with electrical codes.
A permit account gives you a monthly billing statement of all your electrical permit charges.
You can sign up to have your monthly permit bills sent digitally through Manitoba Hydro’s online account. We also offer a pre-authorized payment plan for permit accounts.
A valid electrical license is required as issued by the Office of the Fire Commissioner or the Province of Manitoba’s Inspection and Technical Services.
For more information, email permit accounts.
View and manage multiple permit applications online.
- submit new or modify existing applications from anywhere, at anytime;
- upload plans electronically;
- view online status for all permits;
- speed the confirmation of electrical permits;
- no charge for the service.
Register for ePermits
- Have a valid electrical license and apply for a permit account number.
- We will send you a permit account number.
- Register online.
- You will need the account number and amount due from your most recent permit account bill to register.
For more information, email ePermits.
Registered Electrical Contractor Program
Get reduced fees for residential electrical permits and associated services, reduced registration fees for Manitoba Hydro sponsored seminars, and reduced inspections for individual installations through the Registered Electrical Contractor Program (RECP).
To register, submit the following to the RECP Coordinator:
- your Manitoba Hydro permit account number (if you do not have one, apply for a permit account);
- completed Registered Electrical Contractor Program application (PDF, 36 KB);
- $150 annual registration fee (this will be applied to your permit account);
- copy of your Journeyman Electrician’s License;
- copy of your Proof of Insurance.
RECP memberships expire annually on December 31.
For more information about registration or the program: