Farm equipment move clearance permit
Apply for an annual permit to move your farm equipment on an approved route. The clearance permit is valid from the day it is issued to December 31 of the current year.
Incomplete applications will delay your clearance permit.
Gather all required information and supporting documents before you start the online application.
You must include all of following:
- Manitoba Infrastructure motor carrier permit (if required);
- legal name of person who owns the equipment;
- measurements for all equipment taller than 4.8 metres that will be moved;
- complete description of the equipment (type, height, and width);
- an accurate route on a municipal land owner map, or a hand-drawn map clearly marked with:
- all road and highway numbers;
- all field access points and approaches.
After you apply
Once you have submitted a complete application, we will assign someone to your request. They will contact you for any missing information, and discuss the final route.
We will provide a permit after your application is approved. You must keep the clearance permit readily available when moving your equipment.
Your clearance permit is only valid for:
- the approved route;
- the current year;
- the specified equipment.
If you need to move other equipment during the year, you must complete another application.
Most overhead power lines do not have protective insulation. Any contact with them could cause serious burns, injuries, and costly repairs.
Safety guidelines for moving your equipment:
- know your route;
- look up and make sure that you have enough clearance from power lines and electrical facilities;
- only our staff can lift power lines;
- move slowly and carefully when you move tall equipment;
- never transport metal elevators, metal irrigation pipe, or metal ladders near power lines;
- never let anyone ride on top of moving farm equipment or hay bales.
Remember – cultivators, air seeders, and grain augers contact with overhead power lines most often.