Structure move clearance permit

Apply for a clearance permit to move your building or oversized structure on an approved route. Ensure safe clearance to power lines as any contact could cause serious burns, injuries, and costly repairs.

Incomplete applications will delay your clearance permit.

Step 1

Online application

Gather all required information and supporting documents before you start the online application. A minimum of 10 days’ notice is required.

You must include all of following:

  • proposed move date and start time;
  • start and end locations;
  • Manitoba Infrastructure motor carrier permit (if required);
  • moving company name (if applicable);
  • legal name of structure owner (who is responsible for payment) and contact information;
  • type of structure(s);
  • loaded measurements;
  • roofline orientation;
  • photos of the loaded building or structure;
  • proposed route description and map.

If your building or structure is between 4.15 metres and 4.8 metres high:

If your building or structure is more than 4.8 metres high:

  • establish your proposed route;
  • contact Manitoba Infrastructure for your motor carrier permit;
  • measure height of the loaded building or structure (including total height of trailer to highest peak).

Apply for move permit

After you apply

Once you have submitted a complete application, we will assign someone to your move. They will contact you for any missing information.

Step 2

Agreements and payment

We will provide an agreement for your move. You will sign and return the agreement to us.

After we receive your signed agreement, we will give you the move permit.

Up to 10 days after we receive your signed application.

Step 3


Your Structure Move Clearance Permit is valid for 14 calendar days from the move date, and includes Manitoba Hydro contacts for your start location and locations along the route.

The movers must keep the clearance permit readily available for the duration of your move.

Your move can be delayed by:

  • incorrect measurements (can delay move and add extra charges);
  • weather;
  • no Manitoba Infrastructure permit;
  • failure to return signed agreement to Manitoba Hydro;
  • not being at the starting location or any other move point on time.

15–30 days to complete the move billing for actual work.