Manitoba Hydro is a Crown Corporation and the province's major energy utility. From our head office in downtown Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, we:
- serve 561,869 electric customers throughout Manitoba and 274,817 natural gas customers in various communities throughout southern Manitoba;
- are one of the lowest cost providers of electricity in Canada;
- export electricity to electric utilities through our participation in 3 wholesale markets in Canada and the mid-western United States;
- offer a wide range of energy services and programs to our customers, either directly or through our business interests;
- generate nearly all our electricity from self-renewing water power using 15 hydroelectric generating stations, primarily on the Winnipeg, Saskatchewan and Nelson rivers;
- are the major distributor of natural gas in the province, delivering natural gas to nearly 100 communities in the province;
- have capital assets-in-service at original cost exceeding $17 billion, making us one of the largest energy utilities in Canada.
The governance of the Corporation is through the Manitoba Hydro-Electric Board.
Projects: As the province grows in population and industry, so does the demand for energy.
Read more about our major Projects.
Environment: One of our highest values is to be proactive in protecting the environment.
Read more about our commitment to the Environment.
In the Community: Our business success is linked to the economic and social vibrancy of the communities in which we operate.
Read more about our activities In the Community.