The Corporate Social Responsibility Report, for the year ending March 31, 2020, is available to view, print, or save.
Highlights from 2019–2020
As our province’s major energy supplier, we are committed to providing value for Manitobans, strengthening Indigenous relationships, and ensuring care and protection for the environment, in a socially responsible manner. We recognize the importance of working with all Manitobans to build the energy future of our province together, and ensuring our workforce is representative of the communities we serve, live and work.
Value for Manitobans
- Helped over 8,583 families keep up with utility bills through Neighbours Helping Neighbours.
- Completed 67,045 scheduled line locate requests received from Click Before You Dig MB.
- Responded to 5,404 emergency locate requests (for example: emergency hydro pole install, blowing gas emergency call).
Building foundations for growth
- Employ 5,393 people throughout Manitoba in 80 different career streams.
- Capital investments of $1.997 billion electricity and $43 million natural gas.
- Combined corporate and employee charitable donations: $1,247,912.64.
- Corporate sponsorships: $630,000.
Strengthening Indigenous relationships
- Awarded 156 contracts to 51 different Indigenous vendors, with a total awarded value of approximately $136 million.
- Our most recent hydropower projects – Wuskwatim Power Limited Partnership and the Keeyask Generating Station - are completed in partnership and with involvement from Indigenous communities.
- Grown Indigenous representation in our workforce to 19.7% from 7% in 2000.
Care, responsibility and protection for the environment
- Avoided 7 megatonnes of greenhouse gas emissions through net exports.
- Invested over $1 million on design of Aquatic Invasive Species treatment systems, with the first system scheduled for installation at our Jenpeg Generating Station in 2021.
- Continue to invest resources to manage risks, liabilities, and opportunities related to climate change to provide leadership.