Generating station overview – Keeyask
- Net capacity: 695 megawatts.
- Average annual energy production: 4,400 gigawatt hours.
- Flooded land area: approximately 45 square kilometres (may gradually increase due to erosion).
- Total reservoir area: approximately 93 square kilometres.
- Generator units: 7.
- Construction period: approximately 7 years.
- Targeted in-service dates: first unit in 2019, all units commissioned by 2021.
- Projected cost: $6.5 billion (March 2014).
Keeyask Generating Station Project overview presentation (PDF, 4.76 MB).
Read more about Keeyask Infrastructure and Generating Station projects
- Generating station overview
- First Nations Partnership
- Environmental assessment
- Hydropower sustainability assessment
- Employment & training
- Business & tendering
- Contact us