Keeyask Generating Station
The Keeyask Project is a 695-megawatt (MW) hydroelectric generating station that is being developed in a partnership between Manitoba Hydro and 4 Manitoba First Nations: Tataskweyak Cree Nation, War Lake First Nation, York Factory First Nation, and Fox Lake Cree Nation. Working together, the Partners are known collectively as the Keeyask Hydropower Limited Partnership.
Located approximately 725 kilometres north of Winnipeg on the lower Nelson River, construction of the Keeyask Project includes:
- 7 unit Powerhouse/Service Bay complex on the north side of Gull Rapids;
- 7 bay Spillway on the south side of Gull Rapids;
- more than 2 km of dams across Gull Rapids;
- 23 km of dykes built on the north and south side of the reservoir.
For more information on the Keeyask project, visit the Keeyask Hydropower Limited Partnership website.
To build Keeyask, workers are needed in:
- designated trades; electricians, labourers, and other licensed, skilled trades;
- non-designated trades; heavy equipment operators, truck drivers;
- support services; clerks, cooks/catering personnel, security;
Manitoba Hydro will be posting the jobs listed below when they become available:
- engineers, geologists, engineering technicians, and surveyors.
Register your profile to receive alerts that notify you of postings.
For project management positions with the Keeyask General Civil Contractor, visit the BBE website.
Business and tendering
We provide management and construction services to the Keeyask Hydropower Limited Partnership for the Keeyask Generating Station Project. Manitoba businesses have the opportunity to bid on contracts consistent with our commitment to work with suppliers through the Buy Manitoba and Northern Purchasing programs.
Learn more about business and tendering with Keeyask.
Batch plant firing on all cylinders
The Keeyask batch plant is producing a cascade of concrete as the major structural base slabs are placed throughout May. Check out drone footage for a full panorama of the progress and work underway.
Building Keeyask builds opportunities: Laura's story
Third cook Laura Kematch shares her story of what it's like to work at Keeyask. Additional opportunities for employment at Keeyask include work in wellness, recreation, trades, craft labour, clerical, and management.