Public and Indigenous engagement
The engagement goals for the Birtle Transmission Line include:
- sharing information;
- gathering and understanding local interests;
- integrating interests and concerns into the assessment process;
- discussing potential mitigation measures.
We will meet these goals by:
- involving the public and Indigenous communities throughout route selection and environmental assessment stages;
- providing clear, timely, and relevant information and responses;
- delivering engagement processes that are adaptive and inclusive;
- informing the public and Indigenous communities as to how their feedback influenced the project;
- documenting and reporting on feedback received.
We will use a variety of notification methods to inform Indigenous communities and the public of upcoming project activities. Sign up to be emailed when there are upcoming events or new project materials available on our website:
We will be coordinating the engagement processes with the routing process to provide information and gather feedback at key stages of route selection.