Keeyask Generating Station
The Keeyask Project is a 695-megawatt (MW) hydroelectric generating station developed in a partnership between Manitoba Hydro and 4 Manitoba First Nations: Tataskweyak Cree Nation, War Lake First Nation, York Factory First Nation, and Fox Lake Cree Nation. Working together, the Partners are known collectively as the Keeyask Hydropower Limited Partnership.
Located approximately 725 km north of Winnipeg on the lower Nelson River, construction of the Keeyask Project includes:
- 7 unit powerhouse/service bay complex on the north side of Gull Rapids;
- 7 bay spillway on the south side of Gull Rapids;
- more than 2 km of dams across Gull Rapids;
- 23 km of dikes built on the north and south side of the reservoir.
For more information on the Keeyask project, visit the Keeyask Hydropower Limited Partnership website.
Our province is growing and so is the demand for electricity. New sources of electricity are needed to maintain the reliable supply our customers count on. The Keeyask generating station will add approximately 4,400 gigawatt-hours of renewable electricity per year to Manitoba Hydro’s total supply. That’s enough electricity to power 400,000 homes.
A vast workforce of 2,500 trades, support services and professionals are needed in:
- designated trades: electricians, labourers, millwrights, and other licensed, skilled trades;
- non-designated trades: heavy equipment operators, truck drivers, cement finishers;
- support services: clerks, cooks/catering personnel, security.
Manitoba Hydro will be posting the jobs listed below when they become available:
- engineers, geologists, engineering technicians, and surveyors.
Register your profile to receive alerts that notify you of postings.
For project management positions with the Keeyask General Civil Contractor, visit the BBE Hydro Constructors website.
Business and tendering
We provide management and construction services to the Keeyask Hydropower Limited Partnership for the Keeyask Generating Station Project. Manitoba businesses have the opportunity to bid on contracts consistent with our commitment to work with suppliers through the Buy Manitoba and Northern Purchasing programs.